How to Get Great Reviews for Your Vacation-Rental Property
publication date: Aug 14, 2012
Guest reviews are becoming increasingly important for vacation rentals, as more and more VR-advertising sites have started featuring reviews in their listing formats. In this article, we share some secrets for ensuring that your guests will post glowing reviews that will provide you with great word-of-mouth advertising for your property.
Here's What You Get When You Join
- Member Profiles. Everyone who visits the site can view Member Profiles, but you have to be a FullyBookedRentals member in order to create and edit a profile. Your profile can be brief, like a business card: name, contact information, and a clickable link to your VR website or property listing. Or it can go into a bit more detail, describing what makes your property or business special and conveying a sense of who you are. We have always maintained that vacation rentals are personal. It is our hope that the FullyBookedRentals community will be personal as well. And what better place to start than with Member Profiles.
- VR Resources Guide. This is a regularly updated and highly selective guide to the best products and services for vacation-rental owners. And the best places to advertise your property—including our recommendations for regional and special-interest sites that can help you reduce your dependence on HomeAway and VRBO.
- News Archive. Who has time to monitor all the forums, blogs, podcasts, and print publications? Who has time to keep an eye on HomeAway, the National Association of Realtors, the Vacation Rental Managers Association, and all the latest developments in the vacation-rental field? We do! We "filter the firehose," bring you what's important, and weigh in on what it all means.
- How-To Articles. Our how-to articles are the most thorough you'll find anywhere, with step-by-step instructions, well-chosen examples, and recommended resources that you'd spend hours tracking down on your own.
- Handy Forms & Checklists. Whether you're brand new to vacation rentals or have several years of experience, you're sure to find something here that will make your life easier—and help you avoid embarrassing mistakes. Instead of starting from scratch, you can take our sample rental agreement, confirmation form, booking checklist, and other documents and use them as a starting point for the ones you'll use to run your vacation-rental business.
- Special Offers. This is a very selective list of money-saving offers on top-quality products and services that can benefit you as a vacation-rental owner.
- Ask the Experts. If there's some product you're looking for, or some problem you're facing that we haven't addressed elsewhere on the site, you can post a question here and we'll get back to you.
- Member Discount. As a FullyBookedRentals member, you'll automatically receive a 15% discount on all of the products in our online store—print publications, CDs, downloadable articles, and consulting services.